In his new documentary entitled “Do You Trust This Computer?” Chris Paine interviews several AI and technology pioneers to get a glimpse of a future where artificial intelligence is the norm.
Some Important Highlights
- The movie provides a definition of basic terms: what is artificial intelligence? What makes AI possible? What are neural networks?
- It offers a run down of all the industries that will benefit from this development, as well as the technologies that are already available for commercial use.
- The documentary talks of how AI can extend, not just our intelligence, but also our physical capacities (no more getting sick, capacity to be immortal).
- It summarizes the AI concern expressed by Elon Musk, Stuart Russel, and other AI pioneers.
- The video offers an explanation why the general public is not concerned about the AI question.
- It provides an overview of the new capacities of AI that is more intelligent than humans.
- It provides an exploration of why AI can change our entire civilization.
- The documentary offers a compelling explanation on why AI should be regulated.
I think Hollywood has managed to inoculate the general public against this question, the idea that machines that will take over the world. We’ve cried wolf enough times, the public has stopped paying attention… the general public is about to be blindsided by this.
Jonathan NolanWriter and Director
The primary application of all these machines will be to extend our own intelligence. We will be able to make ourselves smarter, we will be better at solving problems, we don’t have to age”
Its one of the striking contradictions that we’re facing. Google and Facebook have built businesses on giving us…free stuff, but its a Faustian bargain. They’re extracting something from us in exchange.
They know more about you than your mother does.
Jerry KaplanComputer Scientist, Futurist
…when there’s an evil dictator, that human is going to die. But for an AI there would be no death. It would live forever, and then you’d have an immortal dictator, from which we could never escape.
Elon MuskFounder of Tesla and Space X
You may also like
Google Engineer Claims AI Chatbot Has Become Sentient
WEF Launches Metaverse, Predicts Digital Lives Will Become More Meaningful Than Physical Lives
The 2045 Movement And The Many Paths Towards Human Immortality
Will DeepMind’s New Capacity Allow Scientists to Create Life?
Elon Musk Says Tesla Robots Could Achieve AGI