In this opinion piece written by Rahul Agaskar, he raises important points on how artificial intelligence can truly make a difference in the lives of humans.
Some Important Highlights
- We appreciate Siri, Alexa, and Cortana, not because of their human-like sound, but because of the utility we get from them.
- More and more people are now shifting towards asynchronous communication.
- AI enables more asynchronous communication, without reducing the quality of each interaction.
- AI should be more predictable, more trainable, and must be capable of taking initiative if it will become most useful to human beings.
- The point of AI is greater utility.
Why It Matters
Rahul Agaskar’s points make a lot of sense. What we need from AI is to make our jobs and tasks easier. We need them to make the playing field (of opportunities in our work and social lives) more equal.
Why then, are we trying to build an AI that is as intelligent as human beings?
[contentcards url=”https://www.clickz.com/making-ai-less-human-useful/213933/” target=”_blank”]