Even before 2018 comes to a close, Gartner‘s President and Fellow, David Cearley has come out with the top 10 strategic technology trends that Chief Information Officers (CIOs) and other senior executives should pay attention to next year.
The list for 2019 includes the following:
- Autonomous things such as autonomous vehicles, drones, and robots
- Augmented analytics and automated data science
- AI-driven development for tasks like QA testing and code generation
- Digital twin or the digital representations of real world entities
- Edge or endpoint devises which are enabled with AI capacities
- Immersive technology such as virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) used in training, simulation, marketing, design, and other fields
- More widespread use of blockchains
- Smart spaces
- Digital ethics and privacy
- Quantum computing
When asked what are the most important trends to focus on next year, Cearley narrows his choices into three: smart spaces, privacy, and digital ethics.
Why It Matters
While Gartner Trends are published annually to guide investors in the hottest business opportunities for the coming year, advocates like us can use it as a benchmark for future AI developments that will mainstream.
Questions to Reflect On
- What actions are large technological companies such as Facebook and Google doing to protect user privacy?
- What are the possible implications of a boom in quantum computing in the overall environment of AI development?
Read Original Article
Click the button below if you wish to read the article on the website where it was originally published.
Click the button below if you wish to read the original article offline.